Much publicity was made for the address the Master would deliver on ‘The Destruction of the World’ and a large crowd gathered at the monastery grounds to hear him. The address was over in less than a minute.
All he said was: “These things will destroy the human race: politics without principle, progress without compassion, wealth without hard work, learning without applying, religion without belief and worship without awareness.”
Well my blog is equi-religious(if there exists a word like that 😉 ) . However , I’d like to share a verse from the Bible which to me… is a really really wise answer to a very very puzzling question…
And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him.”
Surely Dear Madison Tevlin… You are displaying the works of God through your singing and we all do respect you and will vow to work hard in life as you have!
* Silence is more than just a lack of words.
* A camel does not tease another camel about his humps..
* The trees with most leaves will not necessarily produce juicy fruit.
* There is no better mirror than the face of an old friend.
* Because we focused on the snake, we missed the scorpion.
* Yesterday’s drunkenness will not quench today’s thirst.
* If you put a rope around your neck, many people will be glad to drag you by it.
* For the benefit of the flowers, we water the thorns, too.
* They couldn’t beat the donkey so they beat the saddle.
* In the house of a blacksmith the ornaments are made of wood.